Thursday, February 4, 2010

Let's Try This Again..

Hello everyone...(if you are still out there) *chirp chirp* Oh, there's the cricket's!

Well, I started 2010 with a goal to blog my life as a new vegan. As you can most likely tell, it failed. Almost everyday I say to myself "Becki, you need to start blogging, you used to really enjoy it" and then the boyfriend and I start watching TV, play a bit of Rockband and then it's bed time. So, another day bit the dust with no blog.
Well, that's about to change. Lastnight I made a solid commitment to myself that I am going to blog. I am really enjoying my life as a vegan, and enjoy reading about all of you, so I am back. I will start taking pictures again, tracking my meals on here, and just generally talking.

So, I woke up this morning with the best intentions. After my shower, I made my breakfast, and took a picture.

Into the pot went:
1/3 cup water
1/3 cup vanilla soy milk
1/3 cup of oats
Pinch cinnamon
Pinch brown sugar
A small drizzle of reduced sugar maple syrup

Well, let me tell you, this was my first time making oats on the stove top. I've always been the lazy, microwave type of gal.
Well, I walked away from the stove and went to put my hair up and next thing I knew..yup, over boil in my kitchen!!
So I tossed it, and started again. Same things in the pot, this time I paid attention to it. Much better result's.
I topped my oats with
1/2 cup of diced strawberries
1/4 (or so) of vegan chocolate chips
I love when the chocolate get's melty in my oatmeal. I am trying to try new things with my oatmeal. I've recently tried flax, but something was off. I'm not sure if it was the taste, or the texture, I just didn't enjoy it.

Well, then the day went on. And by the time I had eaten my first snack (cucumber and spicy hummus) my lunch (left over Vegan Sheppard's pie from lastnight with steamed broccoli) and my afternoon snack (2 clemintines and 1 cup of cantelope) I ended up with no picture's. I always remembered after I finished eating. And I'm sure you don't want to see picture's of my empty plate. It's just not that interesting.
Hopefully remembering to take picture's is something that comes with time?

Once I got home from work today I migrated from the couch. And did.not.move. for an hour and a half. I am so tired today. Late night lastnight, I guess.
The boyfriend had his son tonight so they went to visit grandpa (I finished work too late) so I was on my own. It was starting to get late and I just wanted something quick, easy and filling.
Enter pasta. My quick, easy, go-to.

I had 1cup of noodles (2 types so that I could finish off a box in the pantry) and "beefed" it up with peas, carrots and corn that were left over from dinner lastnight. All tossed together with red sauce and served with a quickly toasted slice of whole wheat bread with Earth Balance butter.
Not the healthiest of meals, but at least I didn't stop for the Harvey's Veggie Burger and fries that I was thinking would be just as easy.

So, hopefully, going forward, I will be able to see all of you lovely people on a more consistant basis, and with more picture's. I'm off to have a Pumpkin Spice Tea with a couple more vegan chocolate chips and watch Supernatural. Then it's bed time for me.

Was taking picture's and blogging regularly something that you just did from day 1? Or did the habit take time? Apparently, habit's can take approximatly 21 day's to form.


  1. that pasta concoction looks yuuuuummers. mmm mmmm. can't wait to read more :)

  2. the pasta does look yummy.... miss you glad your back! :o)

  3. Glad to see you're back!!

    I find that I blog every few days, when I feel like I'm missing the blog :) I don't put the pressure on myself to blog every day.