Monday, May 31, 2010

The Closest I'll Get To Mexico This Year...

This week the temperatures here have been hot! It's been over 30 for the last two weeks! (Over 86F if I have any American readers!)
I love summer, I love the heat, and I love the sun! (The sun, however, does not love me, but more about that in another post!)

Even though I have been enjoying this weather to the max, nothing compares to the sun in Mexico!

beach

beer

and food

uhh..minus the cheese.

Well, I thought nothing compared to Mexican Food...until this;


Homemade Pico De Gallo

*two tomoatos
*3 slices of red onion
*juice of half of a life
*couple dashes of hot sauce
*parsley (or cillantro)


Don't forget your Slap Chop!

1. Slice the tomato and then Slap Chop it into small pices.
2. Slap Chop 2 slices of red onion
3. Slap Chop 1/4 of a green pepper (last minute addition!)
4. Put all the chopped veggies into a tupperware container (make sure you have the lid!)
5. Squeeze in the juice of a fresh lime and add a couple dashes of hot sauce.
6. Add some chopped parsley (or cillantro, if you like that instead!) and a dash of salt.
(*Sidenote* You can't reall taste the salt in the salsa, but I find that it enhances the flavour of the tomato a little bit more!)
7. Shake, shake, shake! (Kind of like Slap Chop, Chop, Chop!)
8. Put the Pico De Gallo in the fridge for 30 minutes to an hour so all of the flavours can mingle!

While my flavours were all getting to know eachother in the fridge, I made a quick burrito with meatless beef tips.


Don't forget a few chips so that you can eat the extra salsa on the side!


This year, that's about as close as I am going to get to Mexico.
Unless there is a Mexico inspired area at Disney, then I'll check it out in Auguest. If not, I'll just bring my own Pico de Gallo.

No comments:

Post a Comment