Sunday, January 3, 2010

The Day I Tired New Things...

I think there is going to be a lot of "trying new things" day's in the next few month's. I'm kind of sceptical about it. I really like finding new vegetables, fruits, protien's and things that I like. But it's the "trying" part that get's me. I have no problem's purchasing and cooking new items. But it's the act of putting the fork to my mouth that really terrifies me.

Let's quickly rewind back to yesterday. Food choices weren't the most rounded, as I was exhausted and had SO much to do.
Breakfast started with a bagel with jam. I was running late for work, so this was the quickest and easiest thing to eat.
Lunch came, and I decided to have the breakfast that I had planned on. I had a quick bowl of oatmeal, with sliced almond's, brown sugar and banana. There is something about eating oatmeal in the winter that makes it taste SO much better.
I love all the combination's of oatmeal that people try. I'm excited to branch out on my normal "fruit and nut" oatmeans. Tomorrow I plan to add some White Chocolate Wonderful Peanut Butter to it.
The boyfriend and I had an afternoon packed full of Rockband, LuLu Lemon Shopping, Whole Foods, and having dinner with his son. So I quickly snacked on a homemade vegan Orange Cranberry Cookie (that I instead shaped into bars) They are so delicious. I made them for our Christmas Party the first weekend in December and have made them twice since. I love me some dried cranberries.
We tackled all the shopping we had to do (walked out of LuLu with only 2 item's, that is a miracle in itself) had a wonderful time at Whole Foods, then came Rockbank time. BF's son Kobe just LOVES Rockband. He can not play at all (he's only 5) so we play together. Basically I hold the guitar, and press the button's, and he just dances around between my arms. But he always wants to do "..just oneeeeee more, PLEASE daddy?" so our Rockband games always go forever.
I just made a super quick dinner. Meat and tomato ravioli with garlic bread for them, and whole wheat pasta with sauteed zuccini and red pepper for me.
On the side?
This is where I tired something new.
Garlic Bread (soy margarine) with Earth Island Vegan Gourmet Soya Nacho Flavour Cheese.

The boyfriend picked it out at Whole Foods because of the "It Melts!" selling feature. (Oh, marketing, how I love thee)
The verdict?
It was really good. However, not made for "garlic bread" It indeed does melt, but not under the broiler like I had assumed. It melted when I put it in the microwave, and turned into a cheese dip of goodness that would be delicious with some tortilla chips or something.

I also purchased some other "first time" goodies at Whole Foods that I will let you all know about as I try them.
I am sitting her munching on a Peanut Toffee Buzz Cliff bar as I write this post. I am hungry for breakfast (it's 10:30am. I like to sleep in on Sunday's) and I am going to try some coy cream cheese that my boyfriend so lovingly bought for me yesterday. Except, just like I mentioned..the thought of putting it in my mouth is what kind of terrifies me....

How do you deal with trying new foods? Can you just cook it and try it?

No comments:

Post a Comment